cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop and Laptop Option - Workgroup Error

Robert_White_2
Level 2
Software: BackUp Veritas Server 9.1 with Desktop and Laptop Option.

Problem: Whenever I go setup Desktop and Laptop Option, it gives me a "Workgroups are not supported in this release. A domain is required."

Problem Occurred when we migrated the server from a NT 4.0 domain to an Active Directory Domain.

Things I have tried with no success in the following order:
1. Leaving the domain for a workgroup, removing the domain account for the server. Add it back again and rejion.
2. Repair the installation.
3. Removed entirely the Veritas Backup Software from the server and reinstalled it. This included the selection of all configuration files.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to fix or what is going on?
4 REPLIES 4

Robert_White_2
Level 2
I also noticed that when I go into "Magage Service Credentials..." it takes about 5 minutes to get the box to show up. After it does, it only shows 1 of the 56 domains in the forest.

Does this feature have a domain size limit?

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

In the 9.1 release of the Desktop and Laptop Option (DLO), the server and the clients must participate in the same domain or in a trusted domain for shared database access.

we would suggest you to try restarting the Backup Exec Services.

If this does not help restart the server once.

For more information about the Desktop and Laptop Option refer to the following link:

Technote:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/263644.htm

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Hi,

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress.

However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Thanks.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.