cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Issues with BE 2010

dalythe
Level 2
I get "No Ide devices are available" in my Job Status column when ever I try to run a test Job with my new installation of BE 2010. I have a PowerVault TL4000 connected to the server. I installed the drivers from Dell's website and the computer picks up the two drives in the library. BE even sees the one logical drive that I have setup and displays its status as active. When I run Configure Device Assistant, The two drives show up as <unknown devices>. I am a bit confused. Is there some sort of different drivers required for Symantec in order for my tape library to work correctly?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello

Its recommended to use Symantec drivers for the tape drive and Microsoft drivers for the Medium Changer.

To install Symantec drivers run tapeinst.exe from X:\Program files\Symantec\Backup Exec

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AmolB
Hello

Its recommended to use Symantec drivers for the tape drive and Microsoft drivers for the Medium Changer.

To install Symantec drivers run tapeinst.exe from X:\Program files\Symantec\Backup Exec

AmolB
For more info on Device & Media refer to http://support.veritas.com/docs/255501

dalythe
Level 2

I ran this originally and nothing changed.

dalythe
Level 2

I got it working correctly now. You know what my problem was. I needed to reboot after running the wizard.

AmolB
Cool.... If the above post has fixed your issue you may mark it as a solution so that we can close this thread.