cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling Respond to alerts

Etienne_Demers
Level 2
Hello all,

I am using Backup Exec 10d under Windows XP and have a well known problem of event ID: 58063 after my tape successfully completed the Backup and Eject process.

This event only tells me to "Please remove the media from the drive, and respond OK." but prevents any further backup jobs to start after the tape has been replaced.

I know about the solution found in Document ID: 252430 and Document ID: 192055

I have tried those solutions but it just does not work for what I need to do.

You see, I do not run backup exec but use bemcmd.exe to process and monitor all my backup routines, therefore the alerts are never automatically responded to.

Can I permanently deactivate event ID: 58063 so it does not hang a finished and ejected job?

If not, is there a way to answer all the "Respond to" alerts using bemcmd.exe? (Like switch o45)

I do realise that I can answer one at a time using switch -o46 but getting the alert ID is somehow gruesome and it means I have to know it is there in the first place.

Any suggestions?

Please note that I do need to eject the tape automatically.

Cheers.

P.S. With the amount of Post regarding this subject could event ID: 58063 not be changed to an information only alert? In the end the Media is ejected, what use is there to ask users confirmation that it was taken out? Its not like the following backup will start without a tape...
2 REPLIES 2

Neeraja_Diwan
Level 4
Hi!

The tape can be ejected from the command line:

Example: Run following command from the command prompt:
c:\program files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\bemcmd -o115 -d"HP 1"
Where, -o115 is for creating a Eject job.
HP 1 is the device name. Device name can be checked from the Devices tab.

Please verify that the key "Remove media Response"
under /HKEY_Local_Machine/Software/Veritas/Adamm/ is set to 1.

Hope this helps..

Etienne_Demers
Level 2
Thank you for your response but this is not addressing my problem.

1. The tape already ejects after a job so o115 is of no value to me.
2. The key is set to 1.

Cheers