cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disk to Disk to Disk Backup

Matthew_Nikrave
Level 2
Hi All,

I was hoping someone could provide me with some guidance on this project. Basically we have purchased a NAS running Windows Storage Sever. This NAS has 1.4TB of available disk space for backups.

In addition to the 1.4TB of available disk space it has a hot swappable bay which houses a 400GB Hard Drive. We own 2 400GB cartridges for the bay.

We are running BackupExec 10D on the NAS with agents on the file server(s) and exchange server(s).

What I am trying to accomplish is to backup to the NAS on a daily basis and then have a copy job to the hot swappable 400GB drive which will be taken offsite once per week and then replaced with the other 400GB Hot Swappable drive.

Has anyone done this successfully? The biggest problems I am running into are with the Media sets and the overwrite/append periods. In addition I have not decided whether to do a full backup daily or to do a full backup once a week lets say Monday and then incrementals for the rest.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Matthew
1 REPLY 1

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Please refer to the following document:

Backup Exec support of USB and Firewire hard drives for backup-to-disk in a Windows Server environment

http://support.veritas.com/docs/276904

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.