cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need a CASO licence ?

point-blanc
Level 4

I have file servers located at different locations (far off places). Backup server is installed at say for example at Location "A", remote server location "B" and my B2D folder on another location "C".

Now when I backup "B", the data will travel to "A" and then to "C" which causes some bandwidth issues and long time for data transfer and hence long time for Backups to run.

I cannot backup to "A" itself where I have the backup server installed.

So I planned to install another backup exec server at location "C".

Is that a good choice?

And do I need a CASO licence?

Please advice..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

CASO license is not really needed as you can install a separate media server (with a separate media server license) at site C....CASO licese is needed if you plan to monitor/manage Site C from Site A, i.e. using a central server

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ArulPrasad
Level 6
Employee

Nope you dont need CASO licence.

CASO is required when You would like Centralise the Operation of all the MMS and do load balancing

VJware
Level 6

CASO license is not really needed as you can install a separate media server (with a separate media server license) at site C....CASO licese is needed if you plan to monitor/manage Site C from Site A, i.e. using a central server

point-blanc
Level 4

Thanks for you immediate response :)

So can I install all the licenceson the media server "A" (like the SQL and exchange licence) on the new media server ?

point-blanc
Level 4

or do I have to buy another set of licences for my second media server?

VJware
Level 6

New licenses required for the second media server

point-blanc
Level 4

Thank you verymuch VJware. But I want to know if there is any other choice other than installing Backup Exec on the location "C" ?

I came across Advanced Disk-based Backup Option. Will that work in my case ?

VJware
Level 6

Using the Offhost feature, the ADBO option would move the backup processing from the remote server to the media server...so data would travel back to site A & that would'nt help either