cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domino 6.5 with Backup Exec 11D

Dennis_Tan
Level 2
Hi,

I know there are already tons of messeges concerning Domino and BE11D, but I hope you guys can bear with me on this. Tech support has'nt been much help IMO, and I shall give a break down of what happened to help explain the situation.

Firstly, the error I face:

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00084b8 - An error occurred during backup. See the job log for details.
Final error category: Job Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33976
The number of NSF files identified as 'corrupted' vaires from 2 to 5 and don't always remains the same files. Most of them, however, are exceeding 2GB in size.

Ever since Backup Exec was deployed to backup the Domino servers using Dominos Agents, there had never been more than one success jobs. Cases were logged with Symantec Support and various troubleshooting/resolutions have been used.

The very first advice was to seperate the Domino Database backup with the normal backups of system state of the server. The main point here is, NOT to use AOFO when running a Domino backup job. No dice.
The BE server was then patched with HF4, which supposingly helped quite a few folks here with similar issues, but it resulted in the same error message.
Further registry changes were adviced by Support, which includes, "Enable of Change Journal" and "Enable Notes Database Filtering" keys. Another job was done, and failed with the same error.
Support then advice to patch the BE Server to SP1 level, and reinstallation of the Remote Agent on the Domino server. All done, same job, same result.

The last straw was drawn when the support did a Webex session and adviced to activate AOFO. Smiley Mad
Took the advice, although I doubt this is the case. The job is currently running.

I was just wondering is AOFO really needed for Domino backup? I have read up in the BE 10.x section of this forum to NOT use AOFO with Domino Agent and it sync with what I was told by Symantec Support. Has anything change from 10.x to 11D to need AOFO for Domino?  If so, why was there advice to NOT use AOFO from the same Symantec Support team. This is getting so confusing.

Smiley Sad

1 REPLY 1

Dennis_Tan
Level 2
Update: The job ran with AOFO as suggested by Symantec Support failed with the same error message.

Anyone has any suggestion of what to do and/or where to look?

Cheers