cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domino Backup - No data stores can be initialized.

Marcel_Wiederke
Level 2

Dear all

We run a backup job that saves two Domino server. One server works fine and the other server reports the following error: e000fe46 - No data stores can be initialized. The software is most likely installed incorrectly.

(Anyway all databases have been saved to tape.)

I did already set the two registry settings "Enable Change Journal" and "Enable Notes Database Filtering" to 0. This didn't help.

All systems:

Backup Exec version: 12.0 Rev. 1364

Operating system:Windows Server 2003 R2

Domino version: 7.0.1

Do you have any ideas what to do?

With kind regards

Marcel

8 REPLIES 8

nicebut
Not applicable

We have this problem too. I haven't been able to get Backup Exec working since version 9 with our Domino. The latest version of Sophos stopped version 9 working (

My last hope is going to be trying to install the media server on a different server and then using the Remote Agent to back up Domino. Does anyone know if the Remote Agent is meant to work with the Domino agent like this?

Marcel_Wiederke
Level 2

I checked about the backup. NO databases have been saved to the tape.

Additional information: I spoke with the Notes Team. The difference between the software which doesn't work and the other server is that it is a partitioned Domino server. But I think support for it has been enabled since at least BE 11...?!

Keith_Watson
Level 4

Has any resolution been determined yet??  I have Domino 7.03 running on a x64 Windows 2K3 Standard server.  The BEX version is 12.5. 

Windows agent is installed on the domino server, but the E000FE46 error is consistent. Has anyone got this combo working yet??

Henrik_M_nsson
Level 3

Hi,

I have the same problem. My backup has been runing with now error for a while, but for some reason i can't browse the Domino DB any more on one of my Domino servers now. I have done all the regs that is in the forum and now i have enabled DEBUG on the Agent and gets the following error when browsing the Domino DB. 

[4768] 11/21/08 11:27:19 LNAPI 0: Opening C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\logs\EXI-DOM01-SRV-lnapi0-browse-00.log[4768] 11/21/08 11:27:19 LNAPI 0: Version 11.0[4768] 11/21/08 11:27:19 LNAPI 0: DLL Path = C:\Program Files\IBM\Lotus\Domino[4768] 11/21/08 11:27:19 LNAPI 0: Pipe Name 1 = \\.\pipe\BE11_NOTES_AGENT-1-beremote-browse-0[4768] 11/21/08 11:27:19 LNAPI 0: Pipe Name 2 = \\.\pipe\BE11_NOTES_AGENT-2-beremote-browse-0[4768] 11/21/08 11:27:19 LNAPI 0: Loading NOTES DLL C:\Program Files\IBM\Lotus\Domino\NNOTES.DLL[4768] 11/21/08 11:27:19 LNAPI 0: NOTES LoadLibrary Failed. Error code (7e)

I have no idea of what to do.

Please give any advise.

Best Regards,

Henrik Månsson

Henrik_M_nsson
Level 3

Hi,

A quick update. I am now able to browse my NotesDB again. I search some other Notes errors and found this solution. You need to change a bit more in your reg to have it working. Here is what i did. 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec
For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Domino\Wait Before Timeout to 20000 (you need to create this key with dword value)

HKLM\Software\Symantec\Backup Exec for Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Domino;
Enable Change Journal: change to 0 (default is 1) 
- Enable Background Drive Scanning: change to 1 (default is 0) 
- Enable Notes Database Filtering: change to 0 (default is 1) 
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec for Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Domino\Change
Journal Max Size ... 10, set to 40(megabytes).

On Lotus domino server -

For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Domino\Wait Before Timeout to 20000 (you need to create this key with dword value)

- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec for Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Domino\Change

Keith_Watson
Level 4
Thanks for posting.  Unfortunately after making the additional reg entries and restarting services I'm still getting the same error.

Henrik_M_nsson
Level 3

Unfortunely i didn't post it right. The first part is done on the Backup Server.

On the Backup Server

On Lotus domino server -

I hope you find a solution for your problems, if this doesn't do it.

Best Regards,

Henrik Månsson

KevinP1
Level 4

Aside from the above mentioned reg hacks, which have helped me quite a bit.  I still lacked the reliable backups that many are talking about here.

I found on the web some place that on the domino server a path needs to be included that points to the notes.ini file.  I thought that just my environment was odd since the windows server running domino didn't have this path already included, but we just launched a new notes box and the path wasn't included there either.

For our domino setup the actual program is loaded on D: while the data is on E: so in the System->advanced->Environment Variables, under the system variables box, find the path statement and make sure you add the path to your notes.ini file that runs your domino environment on the server you are having trouble backing up.  For me that was d:\lotus\domino;  Make sure you add the ; semi colon to seperate the other path variables there.

No reboot is required, just restart the bermote agent on the domino box.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Kevin Pulford

Systems Administrator

Harmons City, Inc.