cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domino Fixes in Build 7170?

Mike_Roden
Level 4
In the last week, we upgraded the hardware on our backup system.  Since Build 7170 was out and I needed to recreate my jobs anyway, that's what I installed.  I just noticed that there is a Hotfix 21 for Build 6235 that addresses the Domino agent issues.  I am having the same Domino agent issues after moving to Build 7170 and updating all remote agents, so I assume that the Domino fixes didn't make it into Build 7170.  Is this correct?  Should I continue restarting my agents every day until at hotfix is availalbe for Build 7170?
2 REPLIES 2

Jared_S_
Level 6
Employee
Hi Mike -

You are correct, Build 7170 does not contain the Hotfix that resolved this issue in Build 6235. We are aware of this and we will let you know when a Hotfix is provided for 7170 to resolve. To work around this issue, a Windows Scheduled Task can be created on the Lotus Server that stops and restarts the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent service after each completed backup. Please visit this link to use the workaround until a Hotfix is available.

At the bottom of the page you will notice "Products Applied". When 7170 has released a Hotfix you will see the Build number there. Keep reverting back to this link to check when the fix has been released.

- Jared

Mike_Roden
Level 4
Jared, thanks for the quick reply.  I do already have the scheduled tasks running on my Domino servers.  However, I still have to check them each day because the agents sometimes hang while restarting.

I will keep a watch on the page you referenced and download the hotfix when it comes out.

Mike