cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domino Server database files in mail folder not visible in backup selection

Robert_Brownfie
Level 2
I'm having an issue with no visible files in the mail folder in the domino server directory for the backup selections using the lotus notes backup agent.

In other directories on the same level of the same tree, I can see and select the database files, but when I select the mail folder it simply says "none."
5 REPLIES 5

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

-what is the Lotus domino database version and installed on which operating system _
-what is the backup exec version ? 10.0 or 10.1 ?

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Robert_Brownfie
Level 2
Hello Gauri

Thank you for your timely response. In answer to your questions.

- we are using domino version 6.5.2 on Windows 2003 Standard with Novell client

- we are using backup exec 10.1d rev 5629

I should also add that this is a virtualized machine. We are using ESX 2.5.1

We are not receiving any error messages in the logs and the only reason I was able to find that the databases could no longer be seen, was our backup size decreased 20 gigs. I delved the backup selection to the mail folder (which is visible and checked) but when I delve the mail folder itself, says "none."

Edit: Forgot to add that we found this http://support.veritas.com/docs/278976 and applied this hotfix http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/281295.htm with no luck.

Message was edited by: Robert Brownfield
Robert Brownfield

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
HelloRobert,
The Domino agent installs the remote agent for windows servers, backups on novell platform are not possible.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Robert_Brownfie
Level 2
We're not backing up from the Novell platform...we're backing up from Windows 2003.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

It seems that mail folder under %system root%:\Notes\Data is not visible in the backup selection list .

If yes, try rebooting the server once.
If the issue remains same,
-- go to the Logs folder under \Backup Exec\Nt and rename the NotesDBc.ucj and NotesDBD.ucj to .old
--Recycle BE services .
-- and try browsing the notes databases.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.