cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate job stuck in running state

Katie_Luther_2
Level 2
A duplicate to tape job has been stuck in a running state for several days. I've managed to disassociate the job with our current policies but I can not get the job out of the job monitor queue nor out of the job setup queue. I've tried stopping/starting all veritas services, also shutting down server and tape library but job is still in queue. The other odd thing is that if I select the job in the monitor queue I do NOT have the option to cancel the job, just run now or delete but I can not delete because it states it is an active job and selecting run now does nothing. How do I get rid of this job?!
3 REPLIES 3

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Check if you get any errors in the alerts tab in backup exec. Also look for errors in the Windows event logs.

You can also abort the active job as per the steps suggested in the technote below:

How to abort an active job in Backup Exec for Windows Servers
http://support.veritas.com/docs/191188

If the issue persists, revert with details.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Skip_Tannen
Level 2
I too would like to know if anyone has been able to resolve this kind of problem (yes, I've been through Document# 191188). I have a duplicate job running and have tried everything to kill it. I've disabled the tape library, stopped and started services, and rebooted the server numerous times.

I think my problem is a result of playing around with test policies and jobs. I think I blew away both the policy and selection list and that's why I can't delete the running job. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
We apologise for the Inconvienience caused to you due to the late reply. Please let us know if the Problem persists. Please let us know the current Status.

Hello Skip,
Have you tried a repair Installation of the Product?
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/253199.htm

Also could you tell us more about yout Environment?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.