cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate job stuck in running state

Dusty_Wilkens
Level 2
I've got a duplicate to tape job that ran successfully, but remained listed as "running" in the job monitor tab. I am unable to cancel it, because if I right click it, it doesn't bring up the menu that it does when a job is actually running. I can't delete the job, because it thinks it's running. I tried the method laid out in a technote suggesting disabling the tape device, but that didn't resolve the problem. Rebooting did not resolve the problem. I deleted the template from the policy that created the job, but that didn't resolve the problem either. Also, when I deleted the template, it failed to remove the job from the job list on the job setup tab. I now get a message stating that the job database is inconsistent because a template is missing (makes sense).

The problem is that this is the 3rd time that I've had this exact problem in the month since I started using backup exec. Both times previously, I had to uninstall and reinstall the program to fix the problem, and at no point have I actually got my backup scheme completely setup before this problem showed up. Any chance that I'm doing something to cause this? Three times in about a month with the same problem seems like a lot. I've read some of the other threads about similar problems, but none were any help resolving this.

I don't really want to have to uninstall/reinstall the program again, there's got to be a better fix. Any ideas?

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Is the duplicate job actually successful in the job history tab within backupexec? Does the problem occur with all the duplicate jobs? Are there any active media related alerts in the alerts tab when this happens? Try killing the beremote process when this happens.

Justin_Brooks
Level 4
If your running MSSQL, you can go into the database itself and delete it.

Dusty_Wilkens
Level 2
Yes, the job finishes successfully, and no, it's intermittent. There are no alerts related to that job. Killing beremote makes no difference, nor does rebooting. After both, the job is still listed as running.

Dusty_Wilkens
Level 2
No other ideas?

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Are there any errors in the event logs in windows. Try repairing the BE database as per the technote below:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/265180