cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate only last backup

PatrikSE
Level 2

Hi!

I think it can't be done but I want to make sure. I want Backup Exec Policy to duplicate only the last full backup instead of all full backups in the set as it's doing now.

The setup is; one backup policy, runs incrementals on weekdays and full on fridays. All those backups are taken to disk and the full backup is kept on disk for three weeks. Each saturday, I have different duplicate schedules that duplicates the full to either a weekly, monthly or yearly tape (with different pools and retention times). The issue is that each duplication job duplicates all full backups from disk to tape. I just want one, the latest full to be duplicated.

Is there any way to achive this without setting up a parallell full backup job to disk and have this duplicated instead?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

It can be done with BE 2012 as there is a drop down. BE 2010 will try to duplicate all backups linked in the policy since you last ran the duplicate sucessfully so no you cannot do it in 2010

Not sure if 2012 can do exactly the combination you are describing though

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Colin_Weaver

It can be done with BE 2012 as there is a drop down. BE 2010 will try to duplicate all backups linked in the policy since you last ran the duplicate sucessfully so no you cannot do it in 2010

Not sure if 2012 can do exactly the combination you are describing though

PatrikSE
Level 2

Ok, thanks! I will be forced to set up another policy that runs the tape backups then.

Strange that the Symantec development team hasn't enabled a feature to take a performed full disk backup to tape but only leave us with an option to take all disk backups to tape or have a parallell policy with a parallell full disk backup to tape with short retention time. Well...

Colin_Weaver

Well you could try 2 full tempates in the same policy one with a full that does not have a duplicate and another with a full that does, intsead of a different policy.