cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Drives with spanned Volumes

Brenden_Smith
Level 2
I am looking at using spanned volumes to increase our organisations working folder size. I was wondering, if I add 30 gig sections on three drives to a single spanned volume, can I still backup each individual drive independently of the others?? Ie. I don't want to backup the entire resultant spanned volume - just each drive on its own.

I am using BackupExec 10.0 for Windows 2003

Thanks

Brenden
3 REPLIES 3

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

- Are you backing up a spanned volume or do you want to backup to a spanned volume?
- Please elaborate "can I still backup each individual drive independently of the others".

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Brenden_Smith
Level 2
I want to backup data that is on a spanned volume to a tape backup - but I want to backup the drive, not the complete spanned volume as the tape is only 30gig.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

How are the spanned volumes detacted in Windows? If they are detected as one single drive, then you will need to back it up as one drive. However if they are detacted as separate drives, then you can back them up thus.

Do elaborate in case doesn't answer your question.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.