cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Echange Backup fails using Backup Exec 10d for SBS

Dominic_Bolger
Level 3
I currently have an SBS server, and have a strange problem backing up exchange.

Everything was fine until I had to do an offline defrag of the Exchange Database, and now the backup jobs are failing on exchange only. Everything else is fine.
Wierder still is that I can create a new job and backup Exchange mailboxes or the IS and have no problems. I have tried to remove Exchange from the job, restart the engines and then add it back in again, but it continues to fail with the following error:

Error category : Resource ErrorsError : e00084f8 - The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Check for network errors.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-34040

I dont think that this error helps, as it leads me to think that there is a NIC issue, which there clearly isnt if i can do a seperate backup.

Any help, insights into why this is occuring would be helpful.

thanks
2 REPLIES 2

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
So if you create a new job to backup Exchange it works, but if you try to reset an existing job it fails?

I wonder if there might be some reference within the old selection which is causing the problem which would explain why a new job works fine. Try re-creating the entire backup selection as a new job rather than amending the existing one (or more to the point just add the remaining selections to the new Exchange backup which is working), and see if that works. Could be the old job has become corrupt or something, though I've only seen references to that kind of problem effecting all jobs, not just old ones.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Could you please Update us on the issue?

Thank You,

Shweta