cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ejecting the tape

Demz
Level 4

I have one server that has a backup job that does differential backup from monday to thursday and full backup on friday. I need to eject the tape after thursdays differential.

What is the best suggested solution for ejecting the tape? I don't want to create a separate backup job that just exists because it ejects the tape.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If you have the same single Differential job running from Monday to Thursday then if you make the changes to this job then it will also be applicable for Mondays job. Means if you select the option to Eject the tape after the job is completed then the tape will be ejected even after the Monday backup job.

So it will be better to have a seperate job for Thursday in which the option to Eject the tape can be selected.

Thanks,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Dev_T
Level 6

Hello,

Tapes can be ajected only from a Stand Alone Drive. In the job properties go to MEDIA and check "Eject media after job completes"

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO11758

Hope this helps

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If you have the same single Differential job running from Monday to Thursday then if you make the changes to this job then it will also be applicable for Mondays job. Means if you select the option to Eject the tape after the job is completed then the tape will be ejected even after the Monday backup job.

So it will be better to have a seperate job for Thursday in which the option to Eject the tape can be selected.

Thanks,

-Sush...

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if you have an autoloader/robotic library, you can configure a mailslot and "eject" to that...