cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Notifications not working correctly

Paul_Jenson
Level 3
I have set up 65 BE servers to notify me via email when the job fails. This part works fine. However, on some of the servers, I also receive notifications from the Job Completed With Exceptions and the Job Success alert categories. I did not want these notifications. In the Alert Categories menu, I have deselected "Enable alerts for this category" on all servers for the categories I don't wish to recieve. I have even rebooted the servers after disabling the alert categories but they continue to send the notifications. Any ideas?
7 REPLIES 7

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Run repair database and check once again...

http://support.veritas.com/docs/265180

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Paul_Jenson
Level 3
Okay, I will try that and let the backups run tonight. Thanks.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Paul_Jenson
Level 3
This did not help the situation. I again received notifications for Alert Categories that have been disabled. Any other ideas?

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

-have you also unchecked the box "include job log" from the job ?

-try creating a new job and check the performance ...

Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

Paul_Jenson
Level 3
I have made these changes and will see what the results are after tonights backups run. Thanks.

Paul_Jenson
Level 3
This worked, thanks for the help.