cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encyrpted backups are failing. No details in details in job log. Not sure what is failing?

peter_zelonis
Level 4
I have recently tried to use the encryption feature on our backup jobs.  The jobs seem to complete and are even verified, but the job status is "failed".  No other details are present in the job log.  Has anyone else experianced this?  Does anyone know what is failing in my jobs?  Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

Brian_Riffle
Level 3
I've been having this same problem... See: https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=be11dOther&thread.id=2067

Note that for me, encryption works in a B2D folder, and there are fixes on the forums if you are using an LTO drive.  My problems are with both of my DLT drives.  The last file it tries to back up it crashes on, goes into "communications failure" then "recovered", then "failed".  It does not matter what the last file is.  (we even set the services on the server to "autorecover" if they stop, and it did not help.  I've been working for the last few weeks with support on my problem, with no luck so far.  I even tried upgrading to version12 to see if it was fixed, but ran into so many other problems I rolled back to 11d.  Awfully frustrating since the only reason we purchased 11d was to do encryption!  Everything but seems to work fine for us..

peter_zelonis
Level 4
Thank you for the post.  I have just started trying to encrypt my backups.  We are using an LTO2 drive for backups.  I will continue to test.  I did run some test jobs this morning and they didn't fail.  I thought it might have something to do with compression.  I am going to turn compression off and try again this weekend.  It sounds like you have tried just about everything.  It is very frustrating that you purchased this product for one particular feature and are having no luck with them (Symantec) resolving this issue.  Good Luck.  I will post an update after this weekend.

Peter