cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: 1392 The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable - I am missing the Disarted recovery folder 'IDR"

buck614
Level 4
I am having a computer that is generating a Failed state on a backup. It says it has failed on the system state with the following error:
"Error loading machine specific Intelligent Disaster Recovery information.  Error: 1392 The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."

I believe this is a result of the Disaster recovery information. The system state actually seems fine. I did a custom job to back up the system state and it did not fail.

This document states how to fix this issue:
seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/278683.htm

However, it says that I should delete certain files from the "Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\IDR\Data" director Only one problem. I do not have a "IDR" directory.
Am I missing something?

4 REPLIES 4

buck614
Level 4
Can someone help me with this issue?

buck614
Level 4
Can someone please reply and help me with this? Is there anybody out there?

Joshua_Kane
Level 6
Employee
You should move the older .DR files out of the IDR\data directory to avoid this error. Selecting 'Tools->Options->Intelligent Disaster Recovery' settings menu item from the Backup Exec UI should tell you where the IDR data path is configured to, on your system. Goto that directory and move the .DR file for the server that is reporting the error 1392, out of that directory.

buck614
Level 4

I moved the .dr file out of the directory and re-ran a full backup. It failed once again with the same error,"Error loading machine specific Intelligent Disaster Recovery information.  Error: 1392 The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."

It did not create a new .dr file either.

Two questions,
1. Should it have recreated a new .dr file
2. Do I need disaster recovery? I mean system state is backed up to the tape isn't it? What is disaster recovery for?

Thanks!