cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Backing up certain Files

Mark_Doughty
Level 3
Hi,

I have SBS 2003 R2 with 11d loaded and a remote agent backing up a 2003 terminal server. On the terminal server I get the following errors in the backup.

Unable to open the item \\xxxxxxxx-ts\C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\MSS.log - skipped.
Unable to open the item \\xxxxxxxx-TS\C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\MSStmp.log - skipped.
Unable to open the item \\xxxxxxxx-TS\C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\tmp.edb - skipped.
Unable to open the item \\xxxxxxxx-TS\C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Windows.edb - skipped.

Has anyone seen this before ? I have searched the knowledgebase but with no joy. Any Help appreciated.

Thanks,

Message Edited by Mark Doughty on 05-10-200702:24 AM

1 REPLY 1

Knippenberg
Level 3
Hi Mark,

I had the same issue when trying to backup a directory where the SQL server stored its database files. BackupExec can't open these files since the SQL service still uses them, and will skip them.
I guess in your case these database files belong to the Microsoft Search function, so you might either want to stop the service which uses these files before backing up, and restart it when the job is done, or just forget about it since you don't want to backup the Microsoft Search database.

Regards,
Stefan