cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Could not start Post Job Command

Maarten_van_de_
Level 2

Hi,

I have configured a rotation of USB disks in Backup Exec 2010 R3. According to HOWTO55855 I need to "safely remove the USB disk using the utility provided within the operating system".

So I've downloaded this tool that is able to do the eject for me (see attachment). I can silently eject a disk on the command prompt.

But when I execute it as a post job in a backup job (after the verify of course) it give me an error.

Error: Could not start Post Job Command < USBDiskEjector.exe /removename "WD My Passport 0740" >. Error (2): The system cannot find the file specified.

The folder where the program resides is in the PATH. I've restarted the Backup Services and even rebooted the entire machine. It still gives me this error. Also tried with the full path to the program: nope.

Why is it so stubborn?

Regards,

Maarten.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Maarten_van_de_
Level 2

Initially I placed the program to "C:\Program Files (x86)\USBDiskEjector" but I did not use elevated user rights (Run as administrator) while creating the directory and copying the program.

Now, while elevated, I've moved it away and back again. It works fine now.

Thanks RahuIG for your reply, that might be an alternative solution (I configured it to run on the media server).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

When you run the same from command from the media server does that run fine .

You should place your pre-/post command batch job in the BE installation directory, normally c:\program files\symantec\backup exe\ and not in the drive root directory.

Is the post command set to run on the Media Server or all Remote Servers backedup in the job ?

Maarten_van_de_
Level 2

Initially I placed the program to "C:\Program Files (x86)\USBDiskEjector" but I did not use elevated user rights (Run as administrator) while creating the directory and copying the program.

Now, while elevated, I've moved it away and back again. It works fine now.

Thanks RahuIG for your reply, that might be an alternative solution (I configured it to run on the media server).