cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error-Handling rule not working

dkapell_hcc
Level 3

I am looking for assistance in troubleshoot non-functional error handling rules in BE 2012 sp1a. I read the the how to (HOWTO73481) and watched the youtube video on creating error-handling rules already.

We are suffereing from failed duplicate jobs (due to a known issue in BE, http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH200760&viewlocale=en_US that has yet to be addressed).

When the duplicate job failes due to this known issue the final error code thrown in the job log is e000810d (see attached)

I have a error-handle rule created to address this failure, but the rule does retry the job.

Nothing shows in the BE or windows logs that I can see related to any action by the error-handling rule. I am missing something or is there a way to determine why the error-handling rule is not functioning.

5 REPLIES 5

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The known issue that you have mentioned in the TECH200760 has a public hotfix available. You might want to install the fix and see if that fixes your issue

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH201596

Having said that, if the Hotfix does not fix the problem, I would suggest you to contact Techsupport and open a case for this.

dkapell_hcc
Level 3

Are you certain that hotfix addresses the issue in tech200760? I don't see any reference to tech200760 in the hotfix documentation.

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

dkapell_hcc

This issue does appear to have been addressed and fixed in the hot fix qouted by Jaydeep above. Note that this hotfix is available through live update so your Media server and remote agents should have already been updated with it provided that your server is fully patched up. If it is not please run live update to assure that the media server is fully patched up as many issues are resolved before they present themselves on a fully patched media server. 

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

it would appear that the issue of the storage locations going missing are isolated to CASO environments. If you are not running a CASO enfironment you should be able to install the HF withouth issue