Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Messages

ltjimster
Level 6

Hello guys,

I've been getting these error messages for the last couple of backup jobs;

Errors Click an error below to locate it in the job log,

Backup- \\servername\E: Directory \\servername\E:\students\s2010\username\Cache was not found, or could not be accessed.

None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up.

Directory \\servername\E:\students\s2010\username\Frames was not found, or could not be accessed.

Directory \\servername\E:\students\s2010\username\Shapes was not found, or could not be accessed.

Directory \\servername\E:\students\s2010\username\Styled Lines was not found, or could not be accessed.

Any reasons why this might be happening???

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ltjimster
Level 6

Thats done it guys, deleting them folders stopped the error but to be fair there wasn't anything in them, it might of been access rights but i don't think it was seen as i'm the administrator :p

James

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

I've seen this with folders that were explicitly selected instead of an entire volume. When a folder is removed, it still exists in BE. When it gets to that point in the selection list, it causes the failure.

Try deselecting the folder, or root folder, and then reselecting it before the job runs again!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

It could be that the disk is corrupted.  Run "chkdsk e: /f" to clear the errors and then try backing it up again.

ltjimster
Level 6

ok cheers guys i'll try that :)

and get back to you

James

ltjimster
Level 6

That didn't work Craig i'm afraid but i've tried just deleting these folders in question because they've got nothing in them and it seems to be a certain username as well

So fingers crossed for this weekend's backup its a full one and they've been incremental all this week.

James

ltjimster
Level 6

Thats done it guys, deleting them folders stopped the error but to be fair there wasn't anything in them, it might of been access rights but i don't think it was seen as i'm the administrator :p

James