cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error backing up Exchange 2003 Sp2 Public Folders

Aaron_Grussner
Level 2
I've been backing up our Exchange server for well over a year and now all of a sudden I'm getting this error when the backup gets to the Public Folders: Unable to attach to \\UPP-MAILSERVER1\Microsoft Exchange Public Folders.
V-79-57344-33932 - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.

I've not had any passwords change or accounts deleted and it backs up the Mail Stores fine so what else could be causing it? I've not had any problems accessing the files in the Public Folders anf there's only about 300mb of data in it. We're running Backup Exec version 10d.

Thanks for any help.
7 REPLIES 7

Eric_Morgan
Level 3
I have the same problem backing up a exchange cluster
I can back up the information store but not mailboxes
have cheeck permissions as per veritas docs

Scott_Bellingha
Level 3
I have also been having the same problem and think it started occurring when I installed 10.1 SP2.

This is obviously a wide-spread problem.

Aaron_Grussner
Level 2
It would be nice if they actually monitored this forum and answer my question. They've really gone downhill since Symantec bought them.

Scott_Bellingha
Level 3
Has there been any activity on this issue? I'm still having the same problem, we are unable to backup individual mailboxes using any account.

Aaron_Grussner
Level 2
No they haven't replied with an answer yet. Like I said they've really gone down hill since Symantec bought them. They'll wind up the next Arcserve at this pace.

Scott_Bellingha
Level 3
Looks like there's someone else w/ the same problem. At least they got some sort of reply. btw, I have made a new selection list and it didn't fix the problem either.

http://forums.symantec.com/discussions/thread.jspa?threadID=68133&tstart=15

Eric_Morgan
Level 3
I have tried installing veritas on a different server, clean install, same results
I think MS did a update that broke veritas permissionsMessage was edited by:
Eric Morgan