Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message

Shay_Hanya
Level 3
Hi

Each time I try to see history of my backups, I get this messages:

"load XML failed Reason: E. error on line 373, Position 18 in "f". c:\program files\veritas\backup exec\nt\data\bex00831.xml"

Please help.

Than'x
Shay
1 REPLY 1

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

To resolve this issue verify that latest Service Pack for Microsoft XML has been applied to the system.

Refer the following MS Articles to obtain the latest service pack for XML:

How to obtain the latest Microsoft XML 4.0 service pack
<>

How To Upgrade the Microsoft XML Parser
<>

Reboot the Server after installing this Service Pack
If the issue persists perform the following:

Reregister the dlls located in the C:\Windows\System32\:

MSXML.dll, MSXML1.dll, MSXML2.dll , MSXML3.dll and MSXML4.dll

To register the same, type the following on the media server at the command prompt :
REGSVR32

Repeat this process for all the dlls that required to be registered.

After completing this process, navigate to the Data folder under
X:\Programme files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Data

Inside the Data folder, you will see a number of XML files. Delete the ones which are old and not relevant anymore. To ease this task, sort the files within the Data folder by date and delete the older .XML files which you think wouldn't be required anymore.

Note : Only the files with an .XML extension may be deleted. The remaining contents of the Data folder should be left untouched.

After having done the steps mentioned above, run a new backup job. After it completes, try opening the job log. The job log should now be correctly displayed in the .Html format.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.