Did you mean: 

Error popup message on selection list

bustamove_610
Level 2
Partner
- SBS 2003 domain
- BackupExec server installed on Win 2K3 member server
- SAVCE server installed on both Windows servers

I am able to select and backup all items except for Shadow Copy Components on the SBS server.  I recieved the following errors in popups:

"An error was encountered while attempting to browse the contents of Shadow Copy Components.  A failure occured accessing the Volume Snapshot Service interface."

and

"An error was encountered while attempting to browse the contents of System State.  A failure occured accessing the Volume Snapshot Service interface."

There are no errors in the event logs.
4 REPLIES 4

SPR_TSE
Level 4
Employee
W2K3 ... do you have any service packs applied to either of these? What version of SAV CE are you running? Has it been recently updated?

As I review cases involving this issue (there aren't many), there are two suggestions to try:
1. Install the latest publicly available, non-service pack related Volume Shadow Copy Service update: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=891957
2. Install Service Pack 2 (contains an update that supercedes the previous but which is not available except by calling Microsoft).

VSS is a Microsoft feature that's included in Windows 2003 Server and which is used for snapshot processing for the purpose of backup and replication as well as in consistency checks and verifies of SQL databases.

bustamove_610
Level 2
Partner
Checked knowledge base but didn't find reference to Small Business Server.  Does it still apply?

Will attempt install of SP2 to see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks

Dick_Huenink
Not applicable
What suggestions do you have if we are already on Service Pack 2?

Thank you.

Donald_Kleinsch
Level 3
Same problem here.

Has anyone been able to make this work via the suggested updates?