cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors after end of backup job

Alex_Shirley
Level 3
Hi

I am receiving the folowing errors on Backup Exec 11d (fully updated) for SBS 2003 after every backup:

--------------------

Job ended: 13 March 2007 at 07:26:55
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000846b - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.
Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33899

Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Backup- MYSERVERV-79-57344-3844 - The media server was unable to connect to the Remote Agent on machine MYSERVER01.
The media server will use the local agent to try to complete the operation.
Remote Agent not detected on \\MYSERVER.

--------------------

Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems and and Backup Exec Browser is running.
I can telnet to local host port 10000, and I can confirm a backup exec process is running on this port.

I am running ISA Server 2000 on the network and I have allowed port 10000 (incoming) as a protocol rule.
I am not doing any remote backups at present.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks

Alex
5 REPLIES 5

perry_baker
Level 6
Employee Accredited
I'm not certain I understand...

Your post states that you are not backing up any remote machines but the server names you reference in the errors indicate MYSERVER and MYSERVER01. So I'm unsure if you substituted generic names for your real server names and made a mistake when transposing the errors or if those are the real server names which indicate a possible attempt at a remote backup.

In either case, if you are only running a local backup...create a new backup job, do not use a previously created selection list, backup only one file (boot.ini). When that backup runs does the same error occur?

If it doesn't then I would suggest that there is a problem with your current selection list or lists. Most likely the quickest way to resolve the problem will be to simply create a new selection list.

Alex_Shirley
Level 3
Yes I substituted the server name for security reasons and did it wrong, apols.
I will do as you have asked and will respond tomorrow. I've created an entirely new backup selection list as the previous list was created from an older version of backup exec 9.1X

Alex_Shirley
Level 3
Looks like I might be getting somewhere. Will fully update on Monday/Tuesday for reasons of clarity... thanks!

perry_baker
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Thanks for the current update...I'll be watching for your next post.

Alex_Shirley
Level 3
Thanks Perry, it is exactly as your state. It appears when upgrading from version 9 to 11 you need to completely recreate the selection lists (don't know if that is a bug or "by design"). Anyway it is now working, so thanks!