cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors after re-addressing of network

Michael_Smith_6
Level 3
Hi All,

I recently had to re-address my whole network from the 192.168.x.x to 172.27.x.x. After completing this, all linux backups fail with:

Final error: 0xa000fe30 - A communications failure has occurred.

and I get this warning:

WARNING: "..../etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/schemas/apps/geyes/prefs/%gconf.xml" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.

The %gconf.xml file is a 0 byte file. The odd part is that this file backed up perfectly before the network changes. - if I remove the %gconf.xml file, the backup continues past it until it hits another file it does not like (another %gconf.xml file or others). Any ideas as to why this could be happening?
2 REPLIES 2

Michael_Smith_6
Level 3
Nothing much more to report, other than Linux backups keep failing at the same point each time - on files that are NOT corrupt and were backed up successfully prior to the re-addressing.

I've reinstalled the the agent, tried mostly everything I could think of. I have the debug log from the agent, (-nd) but I have no idea how to decipher it..... can anyone help?

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Possible causes for this error occurring during a backup are:

a.) The use of NIC TEAMING or having multiple network adapters installed on either the Backup Exec server or the target server.

B.) Duplex Mode on the Network Interface Card (NIC) is set to Auto or Default, instead of having it set to either Full or Half Duplex (this should be selected on both the network switch and the computer's network adapter).

To resolve the issue, do the following:

1.) If the Default Network is configured for particular Network Interface card, once again ensure that following option is selected in Tools | Options | Network option "Use any available network route to remote agents not bound to the above network ID"

2.) If Default Network is not configured for particular Network Interface card, then select the following option in Tools | Options | Network | "Network Interface" drop-down menu: "Use any available network"

3.) On Backup Exec Server, add the Remote Server's "host name" and "IP Address" entry in hosts file (path:C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC\HOSTS)

4.) On Remote Server, add the Backup Exec Server's "host name" and "IP Address" entry in hosts file

5)Please refer the following article for more information:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/240654

8.) Now, run a test backup and verify the result.

9.) The error you are receiving "0xa00084f9-A communications failure has occurred between the Backup Exec job engine and the remote agent" could be because the BEREMOTE.exe file is not upgraded. BEREMOTE.exe file might still be having the entries for the previous version of Backup Exec you were using. You can upgrade BEREMOTE.exe file by referring to the technote below:

http://seer.support.veritas.com\docs\253058.htm

10.) Also refer the following Technote for further troubleshooting

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/263776.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.