cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors when starting BackupExec 2010 services

GSS4
Level 2

Hi,

I've installed backupexec 2010 trial on my server, with an appropriately-privileged AD account, but get errors when starting the required services from the login page:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Processing services

Start services on server: WIN-HQ7JSCRTTSQ Starting Enterprise Vault Admin Service on WIN-HQ7JSCRTTSQ. The service Enterprise Vault Admin Service is already running on WIN-HQ7JSCRTTSQ. Starting Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems on WIN-HQ7JSCRTTSQ. The service Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems is already running on WIN-HQ7JSCRTTSQ. Starting Backup Exec Device & Media Service on WIN-HQ7JSCRTTSQ. Error starting the service Backup Exec Device & Media Service on WIN-HQ7JSCRTTSQ. Service-specific error code returned: 0x2000e2d3 (536928979)

Starting Backup Exec Server on WIN-HQ7JSCRTTSQ. Error starting the service Backup Exec Server on WIN-HQ7JSCRTTSQ. The dependency service or group failed to start.

Starting Backup Exec Job Engine on WIN-HQ7JSCRTTSQ. Error starting the service Backup Exec Job Engine on WIN-HQ7JSCRTTSQ. The dependency service or group failed to start.

Starting Backup Exec Agent Browser on WIN-HQ7JSCRTTSQ. Error starting the service Backup Exec Agent Browser on WIN-HQ7JSCRTTSQ. The dependency service or group failed to start.

Starting Backup Exec DLO Administration Service on WIN-HQ7JSCRTTSQ. Error starting the service Backup Exec DLO Administration Service on WIN-HQ7JSCRTTSQ. Error code returned:

Starting Backup Exec DLO Maintenance Service on WIN-HQ7JSCRTTSQ. The service Backup Exec DLO Maintenance Service is already running on WIN-HQ7JSCRTTSQ. Starting Backup Exec Web Service on WIN-HQ7JSCRTTSQ. The service Backup Exec Web Service is already running on WIN-HQ7JSCRTTSQ. Start services on server WIN-HQ7JSCRTTSQ completed.

Processing services completed!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The system service is not running, and won't start it seems. If I start the BackupExec server service from Services.msc, I get: Error 1068, The depenency service or group failed to start (Windows could not start the service on the local computer).

How could I resolve this?

2 REPLIES 2

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Create a new account in AD with following settings
1  : Member of the Domain Admin group
2  : If BE is a member server, Local Administrator

Open BE interface and change the account to the newly created account...

Make sure that the System Account and Default account for backup exec is the same account....

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi,

Had the same problem which was solved by downloading the latest patches and installing them.
Give that a bash, and post the results.

Laters!