cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimating storage requirements for CPS and snapshots

Pablo_Morales
Level 3
My company has is going to deploy 10d with CPS for a lot of our clients. I am trying to understand how big of a NAS is needed for each customer. If I know the intital data footprint, change rate, and snapshot retention settings, then I should be able to calculate how much storage is required. I know the variables, but I don't know the formula. Does anyone have a way of calculating the storage requirements?
3 REPLIES 3

Shraddha_Dhaval
Level 6
Hi,

It all depends on your enviornment. It depends on
■ What is the volume of information you need to save?
■ How many servers need to be backed up?

Thanks.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ?assumed answered? and would be moved to ?answered questions? pool.

Pablo_Morales
Level 3
Are you kidding? You just repeated what I said in my original post.

Of course it depends on how much data and how many servers I am backing up. The problem I am trying to solve is how to predict storage requirements on 300 different installations of your product. I support hundreds of networks. Each installation is different. I can determine exactly how much data we are starting with, how many servers, snapshot retention settings, etc, for any network. I need to know what the equation is that I enter these numbers into so I can predict the total storage requirements before the customer buys a NAS.

Surely you must have an algorithm to predict this.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please note that we can not give you an exact idea about storage requiremnt.
As we have mentioned in our earlier reply it depends on , the volume of information you need to save.

however, please refer the admin manual for detailed information:

http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/279483.pdf

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.