cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2000 Corrupt File

Mat_Ashmore
Level 4
Hi,

I'am running Windows 2003, Backup Exec 9.1. Upon backing up a remote SBS 2000 server i get the following error in the job log.

Œ〰〰〰〰㘸㠰摤扢戰慣㉢戴㑡摢㜰ㄴ晣㐷㙥㐴㜰〰㐵捤愰愵㌹摦挳㤴捡ㅡㅦ㠱㥤㕦づ愶〰〰〰愰搹愹〰〰㐵捤愰愵㌹摦挳㤴捡ㅡㅦ㠱㥤㕦づ愶〰〰㈰㈰攸ㄴ〰〰RE: " is a corrupt file.InboxTop of Information StoreWARNING: "\\TORKSEY01\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Nick Moon

I have searched the knowledge base & i know there is a registry setting to switch off the failed mark for the above error. But what i want to know is what is this message its failing on. There is no email with the subject as above in this persons inbox. Could it be to do with large subject lines?

Any help would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

Mat_Ashmore
Level 4
OK... I guess it will be something to do with attachements or something. I shall export all the inbox as a PST. Then open it within Outlook so that Veritas will be backing up a fresh inbox. Hopefully this will cure it.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

The error message that .....is a corrupt file can occur due to various reasons, large subject lines can also cause this. Refer to the folowing technote for m ore information on the same:

Title: When backing up Microsoft Exchange 5.5 / 2000 individual mailboxes, the message " WARNING: "?Top of Information Store?? " is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify." is returned in the backup log as an exception in Backup Exec
http://support.veritas.com/docs/255047

Hope this answers your question. If the problem persists, revert with details.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.