cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2003 Public Folders....

Staci_Preckel
Level 3
I was researching on the Forum why I couldn't find one of my Exchange public folders on my backup tape. Then I found a post that you have to set the permissions for the public folder for the "default" and "anonymous" accounts to have "folder visible" permissions. As soon as I did that I was able to see the folder selected to be backed up.

But what about before this? was it ever backed up? Is there a way I can recover it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please refer the following technote and verify if that data is backed up to be restored.
Title:
How to initiate a restore operation from the Media tab in Backup Exec 8.x or 9.x for Windows Servers
http://support.veritas.com/docs/236258

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
Without rights to see it, you probably did not back it up previously. To be safe, you can always give Owner rights to the BE account to all public folders to guarantee they are backed up.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

we want to know if the solution provided has helped you in getting resolve your problem?

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.