cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2003 backups

dean_jordan
Level 3
Good morning,

Wondering if there are any articles describing how to backup an Exchange 2003 environment? Just want to make sure that i'm backing up everything that I need to. I have the exchange agent and this backup has been working since 2004, but i notice the Information Store is not included in the backup, however the mailboxes, public folders and the Exchsrvr directories are. If I include the information store as well, the backup fails.

Any help is appreciated. I just want to make sure that in the event of a disaster, all data is being backed up correctly.

Thank you
Dean.
1 REPLY 1

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please note: The Information Store cannot be recovered with only a backup of the Mailboxes; but the Mailboxes can be recovered with only a backup of the Information Store.

you can refer the following technote for more information:-
Is backing up Exchange Mailboxes equivalent to backing up the Exchange Information Store?
http://support.veritas.com/docs/231250
To protect hidden mailboxes, it is necessary to back up/restore the Microsoft Exchange Information Store.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.