cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2003 receiving error e0000353

Alesandro_Sener
Level 2
Good day,

since I updated to Symantec Backup Exec 11d, our backups on the Exchange Information Store are failing with the following error :

e0000353 - The path for this database is invalid because it contains extra backslash characters. You must remove the extra backslash characters before the database can be backed up.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-851
We had the same problem with SQL but fixed it.

How can this issue be solved for Exchange?

Specs :
Exchange 2003 Ent Ed SP2
Windows Std 2003 SP2

rgds
3 REPLIES 3

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Hi,

This would be the first that I have heard of this with Exchange.

Are you backing up SQL on the same job?  Is it possible that the error is coming from SQL?

Please let me know.
Thanks.
Patty

Alesandro_Sener
Level 2
In the same job, there is SQL been backed up first and afterwards Exchange

This is what the journal displays (sorry it's in french), as you can see, nothing is getting backed up on the first storage group.

Détails sur le jeu - Sauvegarde \\YULVXCH01\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group
Type de jeu                      : SauvegardeEtat du jeu                      : TerminéDescription du jeu               :
Nom de la ressource              : \\YULVXCH01\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage GroupCompte de connexion              : CANADA\Svc_ExchangeClé de chiffrement         : Non
Erreur                           : e0000353 - Le chemin de cette base de données n'est pas valide, car il contient trop de barres obliques inverses. Supprimez les caractères excédants pour sauvegarder la base de données.
Agent utilisé                      : OuiAdvanced Open File Option utilisée : NonImage utilisée                     : Non

Nombre d'octets                  : 0 octets
Vitesse                          : 0.00 Mo/min
Fichiers                         : 0
Répertoires                      : 0
Fichiers ignorés                 : 0
Fichiers endommagés              : 0
Fichiers en cours d'utilisation  : 0
Heure de début                   : 18 avril 2007 23:26:38
Heure de fin                     : 19 avril 2007 09:53:46

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Alesandro,

I would recommend running the Exchange Best Practices Analyzer to see if it can point out where the path is incorrect:

It must be something in AD that has the incorrect path.

Please let me know if this helps.
Patty