cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2007 Backups failing

stagger43
Level 3

I have two servers...

Windows 32 bit deicated backup server, its sole mission in life is to backup data (aa-backup01).

NUmber two... Windows 2003 64 bit Exchange Server 2007 SP 3 (aa-mail01)

Roll up patch has been install on both server VSS shows they are working without issue.

I need, want, cant seem to get aa-backup01 to backup the Exchange IS on server aa-mail01.

Here are a list of errors that I have gotten today.

E000037b

V-79-57344-891 - Using the job settings, Backup Exec attempted to back up the passive copy of the Ex...
Writer Name: Microsoft Exchange Writer, Writer ID: {76FE1AC4-15F7-4BCD-987E-8E1ACB462FB7}, Last erro...

E00000397

Backup- \\AA-MAIL01\Microsoft Information Store\Second Storage Group
V-79-57344-919 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified opti...

I love this one.. -1 ths function is not yet implemented, search the site for v-79-57344-919 NOTHING!!!!!!!! nice....

On the exchange tab I have tried every possible check box, checked unchecked, Perfom consistency, the guide me...  On the Exchanger server its self (aa-mail01) BE does a brick level backup with out issue.  I am yet to a IS (information Store) to backup at all.  I was running 12.5, same types of issues so we bought 2010 hoping that would help.. nope.

Just so we are clear... Server AA-backup01 has excahnge tools loaded SP3, it is trying to connect to server AA-Mail01 exchange 2007 SP3 with exchange agent running.  The job fails all the  time!!!!

Any ideas?????

2 REPLIES 2

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Have you tried backing up form Active copy?

Under Exchange job properties--> High Availability Server --> Backup from Active copy only.

Try running the job after changing the above setting....

stagger43
Level 3

I have tried all three options.

V-79-57344-919 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified opti...

I have been able to backup to disk but not tape.  Disk looks good, but tape fails

any ideas???

Backing up to disk

Full

GRT

Perform Consistency VSS check

Continue if fails

Active copy only

Adv Open File un checked

Open File when Advanced Open File is not used , never.

Selections just second Storage group