cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2007 Mailbox Databases Have Dissapeared from BE

Dan_Klassen
Level 3
Everything has been working great with our Backup until three nights ago. Our full backup ran without a problem, but the next day (differential backups), I suddenly start getting the following error on all of our Exchange 2007 storage groups:

V-79-57344-65055 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\[servername]\Microsoft Information Store\Default Storage Group". Advanced Open File Option used: No.
Snapshot provider error (0xE000FE1F): The device cannot be found.

Nothing was changed on that server between the the two backups, so I'm pretty confused as to why the storage groups would suddenly be invisible to BE. I've restarted both the Exchange and BE services and checked the logs for anything that might hint at the problem. No luck. Exchange itself seems to be running perfectly normal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated:

Environment:
Server 1 - Mail Server: Exchange 2007 SP1 on Server 2003 R2 x64
Server 2 - Management:  Backup Exec 12.5 on Server 2003 R2 x86 (Also a GC server)
Server 3 - File Server: Server 2008 R2 x64 (Primary DC/DNS, etc.)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dan_Klassen
Level 3
Well, it turned out to be one of those "Just reboot the server" issues. Came in last night to reboot the server and everything was fine. I have no clue what the problem was, but it's gone now.

Thanks for the help, Sazz and ZeRoC00L.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Do you have proper licenses for the Backup Exec Agent for Exchange?
(Just to be sure that you were not running in trail mode for 60 days).

Is your backupexec service account changed?
Does it still has a mailbox?
Is the mailbox not made ´hidden´ in Exchange?

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
go to tools -install options and license key and make sure you have the exchange license with you. If you already have the license then uninstall it and install it again.Also make sure the remote agents are updated on the exchange server

Dan_Klassen
Level 3

Backup exec IS properly licensed
The service accounts have not chnaged
There are mailboxes in each of the storage groups
Nothing is hidden.

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
just check if you have put any service pack or HF on the BE?

Dan_Klassen
Level 3

No, there were no changes to the servers the day the problem appeared. The only recent change to the BE media server was the installation of PRTG Network Monitor a couple days prior.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Then I would suggest removing PRTG first to see if the backup is running fine then.
Maybe PRTG is using the same ports as Backup Exec tries to use.

Dan_Klassen
Level 3
Well, it turned out to be one of those "Just reboot the server" issues. Came in last night to reboot the server and everything was fine. I have no clue what the problem was, but it's gone now.

Thanks for the help, Sazz and ZeRoC00L.