cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2013 SP1 IP Less DAG (no CNO)

PrabhatMVP2013
Level 2

Dear All,

I was referring to this KB - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH218366

Which is telling me backup exec will not work if I have Exchange 2013 SP1 with IP Less DAG. This is a big surprise to me because is vendor is telling that new feature is not supported. I could see Symantec gets the product update before the release of it but the backup exec was not update even after few months of Exchange 2013 SP1. 

Does it mean we should stop using backup exec and look for other backup options?

or

Should we expect a hotfix sooner.

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The article is very clear.  You need a Cluster Administrator Access Point if you want to backup an Exchange DAG.  This is a requirement and the article does not say that this is going to change or a hotfix would be issued to do away with this requirement.

If you want to do away with a Cluster Administrator Access Point when you back up Exchange DAG, then you should post this as an idea for product enhancement in the Ideas section.  If enough users agree with your request and it is possible for BE to operate without a Cluster Administrator Access Point then it might get implemented in some future release of BE.

PrabhatMVP2013
Level 2

@PKH - Thank you for trying to reply me.

I have posted this question for BE Product Group, others please ignore to reply. 

I have been using backup exec from years without any issue but today I found Backup exec is not going along with technology. Same thing with netbackup.

I am trying to know from PG if they want us to continue promoting the Backup Exec if yes then they have to update the product to facilitate the latest technology.

If they will see my blog then they will realize that they just lost a customer when they discover backup exec does not support IP Less DAG. The point to be noted here, no one would like to distroy their production and rebuild just because backup software is not supported.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
This is a user supported forum and nobody, including Symantec employees, are obliged to reply