cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Agent Problems (Corrupt Emails)

Aaron_O_Conner
Level 3
Hi
We are running Symantec Backup Exec 10d (10.1 5629 SP3) We have the Exchange Agent installed.

Recently, we have been getting failed backups with the following message:

Job ended: Monday, May 14, 2007 at 11:33:12 PMCompleted status: FailedFinal error: 0xe000fe2d - The backup of the item is bad.Final error category: Resource ErrorsFor additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65069
Click an exception below to locate it in the job log

Backup- \\SERVER1\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes WARNING: "\\SERVER1\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Dean [dean]Top of Information StoreSync IssuesSe...

This file cannot verify.
I deleted this email from the inbox in question, and its sill failing with the same email.
Any help would be appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

Jon_Ziminsky
Level 4
Aaron,

Did this start happening after you patched? It appears that quite a few people are having similar issues since they installed the latest round of MS patches. I have an open support call with Symantec regarding it. Currently they are saying it is not a Symantec problem. I disagree, as everything was working as intended prior to patching.

JZ

Aaron_O_Conner
Level 3
Jon

We did update to the latest MS updates.  I think part of the problem may be that users still have Outlook open at night.  I think that I have seen this before, and I will post tomorrow and make sure to let everyone know if this is the case in my situation.

I found a simalar problem with Symantec KB:

Jon_Ziminsky
Level 4
Open Outlook boxes can definitly cause issues. I am positive that the items that are marking as corrupt on my system do not have an open box associated with them. The messages themselves are not corrupt, and neither are the attachements. The messages open with no errors on the clients machine.

I also have always ran my AV Realtime with an explicit exlcusion for the beremote.exe process.

Maybe our issues are different, but i am finding more and more evidence pointing to the MS patches being the culprit on my system.

JZ

Aaron_O_Conner
Level 3
Jon

I am thinking the same thing.  I have several other backups running, and some are getting this error message and other are not.

Jon_Ziminsky
Level 4
I am waiting on a call back from tech support . I sent them log files, and they are perusing them. I will post the outcome here. I also have a few other threads going regarding this issue.

If you come across something let me know =)

JZ