cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Backup Issue - NDMP Resource Errors

Scott_Larkins
Level 3
Last night my backup failed when backing up brick level Exchange mailboxes. The only thing that was a change yesterday was we brought a second Exchange server onto the network.  When i run a resource credential test it fails for Exchange Mailboxes and Public folders. The error mentions ndmp subsystem. When i try to open mailboxes in selection list in the job, i get an unknown error message..unable to browse and a message about ndmp subsystem.  Veritas 10.0, Windows 2003 Server, Exchange 2003 SP2....What should i try to fix this issue?

Message Edited by Scott Larkins on 04-18-200703:48 AM

6 REPLIES 6

Scott_Larkins
Level 3
Additional info....the second exchange server i added the day before the backup failed is part of the same domain. That server is at a remote location(connected via T1) and it has its own backup solution. That other exchange server has Veritas 10.1(10D) installed and is able to successfully backup the mailboxes located on that server. On the remote exchange server(has veritas 10d installed locally), i opened the backup job/selections and was able to open/expand/browse my local exchnage server mailboxes ok. I received no error. When i did a Resource Credential test on that server which included the other exchange server(one generating logon errors on the 10.0 veritas backup server locally), all results were successful. I am thinking it may be a problem with the local server running 10.0(no veritas service packs).

Scott_Larkins
Level 3
One other thing i remember doing on the first exchange box...i ran a program called mfcmapi.exe to look for a hung outbound email in the queue. If i recall, i added a mapi profile locally using the administrator account. The administrator account is the one the backup server is using for a backup account. The new exchange server/vertias 10.1 combo is using another domain administrator account for the backup account. As i said, on the new server using this other domain admin account, i am able to expand the mailboxes on the first server. Could maybe creating a mapi profile on the first exchange server using the administrator account(same account BE uses) cause this issue? I did a fiile modified date search for files modified the day before my failures...one of the files was win.ini which had some mapi lines in it. This server worked flawlessly for 3 years until yesterday...having changed 2 things (addtional exchange server and using the mfcmapi.exe crating a mapi profile) it is hard to determine what process changed some configuration.

Scott_Larkins
Level 3
Anyone??

Scott_Larkins
Level 3
??

Scott_Larkins
Level 3
?

Scott_Larkins
Level 3
Can anyone help with this???