cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Backup

Douglas_Isaac
Level 3
Even though I am backing up the information store each night, in exchange, it says the last full backup was in Februaury...

Even though i have not selected D:\mdbdata (as I assume this is backed up via Information Store?) I get the error

Backup- \\AFFILIATE-EX\D: MDBDATAV-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.
Access denied to directory tracking.log.
Access is denied to Remote Agent. Check the login account for the specified device.

Why is access denied just to mdbdate and the rmeote agent to this folder? This folder is not even selected??
6 REPLIES 6

Douglas_Isaac
Level 3
I've just checked, and Information Store is not even available in a resotre selection... this is really worrying, as the job did not indicate a failure on "Information Store",

I should need to flat backup mdbdata should I???

This is confusing, help please

Douglas_Isaac
Level 3
anyone?

Douglas_Isaac
Level 3
If I turn of "enable backupexec to individually restore mailboxes" or whatever it is (havent got the screen in front of me) it WORKS...

Whats up with that? We have the exchange agent.... why o why o why

D_B_5
Level 6
Employee
Does the login account you are using to run jobs and BE have rights to a mailbox? That would explain why turning the option off for restoring individual items would change the result (it doesn't read the mailboxes when turned off)

Check into rights issues with the accounts you are using. You needs rights to a mailbox in order to access the mailboxes.

When backing up Exchange, with the Exchange agent, all you select is the Exchange Information Store. No flat file backups are needed.

Douglas_Isaac
Level 3
So I need to grant access to each mailbox? I know by default domain admins cannot access other mailboxes... this would take forever..

D_B_5
Level 6
Employee
No, you only need rights to one mailbox.