cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange GRT restore selection does not show all mailboxes from Tape

Mohamed_2
Level 3
Hi All,

We are running BE 11d latest build 7170 with all hotfixes applied. When i do a information store backup to tape with induvidual restore option selected, The backup completes successfuly however when go to restore i see only about 10 mailboxes. we have about 1000 mailboxes on exchange store.

If i do the same backup job to a folder on disk i can see all mailboxes on restore selection and all works good with disk. Any idea?

Thanks
Mohamed

7 REPLIES 7

Symantec_Empl1
Level 4
Hello Mohamed,

Thank you for using Symantec's online support.

If you recently upgraded to 11.0.7170, and you were previously running 11.0.6235, please reinstall the Remote Agent for Windows Servers on your Exchange server.

After the installation is done, please verify the version of BEREMOTE.EXE on the Exchange server. (Version 11.0.7170.#. Where # would differ depending on the hotfixes installed.)

itc_lowman
Level 2
I have just the same problem.
I have checked the agent on the exchange server and it is 11.0.7170.

We are missing about 1/5th of all the mailboxes.

This is really urgent.
Can you help me out?

thx in advance

BSC
Not applicable
This has also happened to myself, and I have yet to find a solution.  Althought I do not have as many mailboxes as stated above I am missing about a third of them.  Hopefully more people with this problem will add to this topic so we can get the ball rolling on a resolution.

itc_lowman
Level 2
We have looked into the problem. And have done a workaround for the problem.

The problem lies that 'LegacyExchangeDN' and MailNickName are different at the end in the Active Directory.
I have fixed it by adjusting the end of LegacyExchangeDN value to the same value as in MailNickName.
I have done this with a LDAPeditor.
Only consequence with changing this, is that you have delete your exchange account on outlook and add it again. Otherwise he will say 'Trying to connect' in Outlook.

This way when you chose restore they show in the mailbox restore.
Probably there must be released another Update from symantec to fix this.

I hope this helped you ppl a bit

Mohamed_2
Level 3
Hi,

I had already upgraded remote agent to 7170.

Thanks,
Mohamed

Martin_Knudsen
Not applicable
Partner
Hello all.

I have a variant of the problem: NO mailbokses is available. Version 7170, all the latest hotfixes and fixpacks has been installed, the exchange legacy dn and mail alias is the same. No result. Tried symantec support via phone, spend 4 hours there, no result. Tried mailsupport, 10 mails down the road, ended up with and i quote:

"As mentioned in our previous reply, Due to the complexity of your issue, resolution will require the personal attention of a Symantec representative.

Please contact us through your local support number."

I read it as "we do not know what to do, call again"

Hopefully there will be a fix soon, my customer has startet yelling at me, because i sold him a new autoloader and backupsolution based on the new features of backupexec 11d. He is talking about returning the licenses and returning to version 10.

Just my contribution.

Yours sincerely

Martin

Faik_Ozgur
Not applicable
Hi;
I have the same problem. I upgraded remote agents and checked versions of them.
I checked 'legacyExchangeDN' and 'mailNickname' attributes for mailboxes that have problem and yes the values are different. Is updating these values the only resolution?