cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Info Store not visible, oldie but stumped

Russ_Elliott
Level 2
Hello I am using backup exec 8.6 on w2k SP4, with the exchange 2000 agent, backing up a clustered exchange 2000 environment. I am unable to see the exchange store or mailbox icons in backup selections. Tried all the usual stuff, exchange agent version is correct, accelerator and exchange services are running on the target, Outlook 2000 and exchange system manager are installed on the backup exec host, exchange support is enabled, registry entry is correct. I'm using the virtual exchange name in user defined selections where I can see the admin share. This did work and I have backed the store up successfully with this set up prior to rebuilding the veritas host. Any ideas??? please help arghh
6 REPLIES 6

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Do both the RemoteAgent and Exchange Agent serials show from Help/About?

Russ_Elliott
Level 2
Yeah remote agent and exchange agent for 2000 are shown and both the host and target are exch sp2 BTW, i have also reinstalled to latest revision and all the agenst were found ok

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
About the only thing left to check is from Tools\Options\Exchange

Is "Enable Exchange Support" selected?

If that doesn't help, 'fraid I'm out of ideas

Russ_Elliott
Level 2
Yes , exchange support is enabled and I checked the registry entry is present, I'll try and reinstall the exchange system manager and re-service pack...thanks for looking Ken.

Steve_Broomell
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
Add the Virtual computer name and IP address fo the host file on the BE server.

Russ_Elliott
Level 2
Chaps I fixed, it was restrict anonymous registry key changed it to 1 on the host...odd 'cause it wasn't set at 1 on the original host, and nothing changed on the target..odd..thanks anyways