cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Mailbox Storage Group Backup 0kb

JTMAdmin
Level 3

Hello,

After recently having to create a new Exchange (2003) backup job (using BackupExec 2010) I have noticed that when looking at doing a restore that the size of the mailbox storage group is 0kb.

The backup is literally is only for the Microsoft Information Stores (ie no other drives/components selected).

It is using the Exchange backup method of "full", with no GRT or consistency checks before running backup.

I have no idea why it doesn't report the correct size; when looking at the .bkf file (Backup-to-Disk) it is the expected size (200GB), so it looks as though it actually has something in it...why doesn't BE 2010 think the Storage Groups have any size?

The backup completes without error/warnings/etc.

Will the restore still work if I need to rely on it?

Thanks in advance for any feedback/comments you might have

Regards

Troy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Troy,

Check the technote below and see if it applies. If not, please reply back and it can be taken further...

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH59604

Craig

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV

Hi Troy,

Check the technote below and see if it applies. If not, please reply back and it can be taken further...

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH59604

Craig

JTMAdmin
Level 3

Hello Craig,

That is exactly that my issue is - and it is great to know that it is purely a visual indicator.

Thanks for your help. I can rest easy and schedule a restore (just for piece of mind) next week, rather than run around panicing I have no backup :)

Much appreciated

Troy

CraigV

Cool Troy, no problems...nothing worse than doing backups for a couple of weeks/months, and getting that horrible sinking feeling that it was all in vain...same happened to me =)