cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Mailbox Verification Error

tobbytal
Level 2
Verification failed when dealing with Exchange Mailbox with chinese characters.

"Top of information store is a corrup file". Is there a fix for this issue yet?
4 REPLIES 4

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
To resolve the issue, please refer to the following technote:

When backing up Microsoft Exchange 5.5 / 2000 individual mailboxes, the message " WARNING: "?Top of Information Store?? " is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify." is returned in the backup log as an exception in Backup Exec.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/255047

If it does not help, please send the exact error from the job log, the version of Backup Exec and the version of Exchange you are using.

tobbytal
Level 2
Thank you so much for your reponse; however, I have checked the tech note and the files being backed up is not of any formats mentioned.
I have properly posted in the wrong discussion group coz I found out the Veritas version is 9.0 and Exchange 5.5.

Anyways, the following is the details of the error msg:

Backup - \\HFM\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes WARNING: "\\HFM\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\WEBMASTER Top of Information StoreInboxŒ〰〰〰〰攴㉣愹㄰㌲ㄵ慢㠴㙢戵っ㌶昵昰㘶㠸㜰〰㠲〸㘷ㄳ㍣挷㐱㐴㈸挷收㌵昲〲㙡㍡〰〰〰㔰〴㙦〰〰㠲〸㘷ㄳ㍣挷㐱㐴㈸挷收㌵昲〲㙡㍡〰〰〰ㅥ昳晤〰〰你好,webmaster这里从天极社区给你发来的消息" is a corrupt file.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

We have not received the exat error message in a readable format. It would be great if you could resend that.

Thanks.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be "assumed answered" and archived.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply