cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Mailboxes V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied

Robert_Koss
Level 4
I get these messages from time to time and would like to know how to fix the problem.  My Exchange Server (Exchange 2003) is running on Windows 2003 std. (up to date service packs). My Backup Server is on a Windows 2003 server std (up to date service packs) running Backup Exec 11D Rev 6235.  From time to time I get the following Failed messages:

Job ended: Monday, July 23, 2007 at 2:02:21 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0008488 - Access is denied.
Final error category: Security Errors
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33928

Backup- \\MAILSERVER\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.
Access denied to file User Name [Logon]?Top of Information Store?Deleted Items?????.

If I delete the email in question the error message goes away and everything runs just fine.  In fact, the backup completes however it doesn't back up that piece of email.  How to I fix it so it backup that piece of email without a failure status or how can I make it so that skips that email message and just records it as Skipped.

More Info:
1. The logon account used to connect to the Exchange mailboxes has Exchange Full Admin rights.
2. The mailbox is not hidden.
3. This is a remote backup.
4. The backup is to disk.
3 REPLIES 3

D_B_5
Level 6
Employee
First thing to do is update to the latest version of 11d, build 7170.  You have everythign else updated, so start with getting the latest BE version, it may resolve your issue with no further action needed.

Robert_Koss
Level 4
So, is version 7170 a new version because I do keep my Backup Exec up to date with live update.  If this is a new release I haven't gotten my new serial numbers or a letter telling me to download the new version.  When did this come out?

D_B_5
Level 6
Employee
7170 came out in early 2007...   There are technotes on downloading and installing the version...

If you have a current support contract go to this link and scroll down to Backup Exec section.  There is a filelink option to gt the download, but you need your serial number handy.

I know there are better/easier ways to get the 7170 probably, but that is the link I found first.  :)