cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Message Restore

Jewell_Carter
Level 3
Hello,

I have a few issues/questions regarding the restore process.  I attempted to restore "only a few" deleted messages to my mailbox and the staging process took over two hours? Is this normal? The following message was sent to my email account.

Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers has activated the mailbox receiving this message. After verifying that all other mailbox contents have been restored, you can delete this message. For more information, please contact your system administrator or refer to the job history for job <Restore 00036>.

However, nothing was restored to my mailbox and when I checked the log I noticed the following message.

Final error: 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again. Final error category: Resource Errors

I don't understand because I am able to do everything else since I am signed on with the system account and am a domain administrator.  I have restored and backed up data successfully using the same credentials that I always use. Any ideas?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

Jared_S_
Level 6
Employee
Hi Jewell -

By default the staging location is C:\temp.

How are your resources on the C volume and how large is your information store?

- Jared