cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Restore

John_Pepper
Level 3
Hi

I have a tape which has 10 mailboxes on it that is a backup of an old exchange server i once had.

I have recently built a new Exchange 2003 server and reinstalled veritas, i now need to be able to restore one of the old mailboxes onto the new server.

The mailbox is the administrator mailbox so the user has been created, However when i go to restore the mailbox i get the following error.

Authentication failed on connection to the server, i have looked at various solutions in the knowlege base to this problem and they all say to recreate a new logon account and change resource credentials in the restore job. But the error is still happening.

Does any one know how i can restore this mailbox from an old ex2003 server to a newly built ex2003 server.

Thanks
john
3 REPLIES 3

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Is the server name and exchange organization name the same?

What is the exact error that you receive?

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

John_Pepper
Level 3
Hi There Organisation name is the same but the server name is different,

I renamed the server to the name of the original exchange, by doing this the information store service does not start, i i try to restore the info store from the backup i now get unable to attach to one of the drives, I have allowed the mailbox store to be overwritten.

HElpMessage was edited by:
John Pepper

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Let us know if this technote is useful

(title) "Unable to attach to one of the drives" (a000848c HEX or e000848c HEX) is reported when a job fails

http://support.veritas.com/docs/266177

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Thanks.