cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Server 2007 backup option vs. CPS server

Symanticus
Level 6

Hi,

I'm just wondering about what will be the difference if i do the Exchange Server backup using one of these option:

1. BE 12.5 + Exchange Server 2007 Agent + GRT

2. BE 12.5 + CPS

with the option two do i have to buy the separate license even if i have purchase the first option ?

and what is the difference between them ?

Any idea and comment would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

James_Winslow
Level 5

@Albert,

the first option allows you to save it to a backup to disk location from up to the backup period

while the second option you can do just in time recovery of granular storage items (it is both alive like in Active-Active clustering technique).

with the option two do i have to buy the separate license even if i have purchase the first option ? yes

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

James_Winslow
Level 5

@Albert,

the first option allows you to save it to a backup to disk location from up to the backup period

while the second option you can do just in time recovery of granular storage items (it is both alive like in Active-Active clustering technique).

with the option two do i have to buy the separate license even if i have purchase the first option ? yes

sammy_perfect
Level 5

Hi Albert,

Main difference in exchange GRT & CPS would be

1 With exchange GRT it gives you ability to do resotre of individual item for exchange from tape & disk

2 With CPS backup can be only configured on disk

3 With exchange agent you can do full & incremental & differential log backup for exchange but with CPS it only backup the transaction log for exchange on hourly basis or time you specify but it doesnot give you GRT option for it

4 About license if you have exchange license then that would be used by exchange agent to protect your exchange & you should have seprate CPS license as it is additional option

Thank You

sammy_perfect
Level 5

Hi Albert ,

Was the information helpful or you still have any further douts?

I will wait for your response on same

Thank You

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...this is over 18 months old...