cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange agent and logs not flushing

Andre_Monostori
Level 3
I have 9.1 with exchange agent. I am able to backup the mailboxes and Public Folders with no problems. However I have noticed information store is not listed. This in turn I think is causing my logs not to flush. Can someone give me some info. There was a link to a problem, however everything checked out fine on my end.
9 REPLIES 9

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Is the exchange server a remote server or a local server?

Please see the technote below to resolve the issue:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/265533

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Andre_Monostori
Level 3
It is a local server.....I checked the registry entry and it is correctly labled as a 1.

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
That is correct, your logs will nto flush until you have done an information store backup.

As to why you are unable to back this up, have you got the Exchange management tools installed on the media server? I beleive this is a requirement.

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please update us on the status of this issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Andre_Monostori
Level 3
I have exchange system manager installed. Is that what needs to be installed?

Andre_Monostori
Level 3
The media server is on the same server exchange is installed on. Thus Mgmt tools is by default already installed.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Verify that the Exchange Serial Number is displayed

From Tools\Options\Exchange, verify that "Enable Exchange Support" is enabled

Double Check that the BackupExec service account has all neccessary rights within Exchange.

Andre_Monostori
Level 3
All that works and is in place.

Ashwin_Apte
Level 4
Hi Andre,

Did you use Exchange 5.5 earlier and then upgraded to a higher version?

If yes, one thing you can check is whether you are using the Exchange 5.5 Agent License with a higher version of Exchange (Exchange 2000/2003).

To Check the same go to Tools -- Serial Number and Installation -- and in the window showing all the license numbers check if the license is shown as "Agent for Microsoft Exchange" or "Agent for Microsoft Exchange 2000".

Agent for Microsoft Exchange - Can be used only with Exchange 5.5
Agent for Microsoft Exchange 2000 - Can be used with all three versions Exchange 5.5/2000/2003.

If you have the Exchange 5.5 License, please contact our sales department and upgrade it to a Exchange 2000/2003 compatible License number.

URL: http://www.veritas.com/contactus/ContactUsHome.jhtml

----------------------------------------------

Also to isolate that this is not an Exchange issue, check whether you are able to see the Exchange Information Store in the Windows Native Backup application (NTBackup), if its not visible in NTBackup also, then that means this is an Exchange issue and check whether your Exchange Information Store service is running.

- Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.
----------------------------------------------------------------------