cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange agent missing

Jason_Knight
Level 2
I have noticed other threads in this forum, and have tried applying them with no success. We recently upgraded our Exchange 2003 organization to new hardware, and I'm trying to backup the new server. After installing the remote agent, I only get a listing of the hard drives on the remote system, and am missing the Information Store for backup selection. I have logged in with several accounts, my Veritas resource account, and two accounts that have full administrative access to all Exchange mailboxes, with no success. Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5

anoop_nair
Level 4
1. Re-install the Exchange agent on the media server.
2. Re-install the remote agent on the exchange server.
3. Restart all the Exchange and BE services.

Prajuctaa_Mulay
Level 4
Hi Jason,

If you still have queries to this issue, please do write back to us.

Have a nice day!

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Prajuctaa_Mulay
Level 4
Hi Anoop,

Thanks for your reply!! :D

Jason_Knight
Level 2
Thank you so much for such a quick reply. I did however perform steps one and two prior to posting. I restarted BE services on our BE server with no effect, even restarted the server. When you say Exchange services, you mean on the target Exchange server? Again, it's a cluster, so are you meaning, take each service offline, then put it back online?

Jason_Knight
Level 2
OK, here it is. I wound up contacting support on this one since it couldn't wait. I had of course re-installed the Exchange Agent on the Veritas box as well as installed the remote agent on the *first node* of my cluster. I did not, however, install the remote agent to the cluster name *mail*, and it also did not appear on the second node of the cluster. Installing and restarting all services did not help, however. I had to modify a registry key entry on the Veritas box as well as both nodes of the Exchange server.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup_Exec\Engine\NTFS

Changed the key *Restrict Anonymous Support* from a 0 to a 1 on all servers involved, restarted all BE services, as well as BE remote agents on both nodes, and walla.

Thanks to everyone for the reply.