cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange logon account

Mark_Hyatt
Level 2
I just installed an Exchance agent. In my backup selections, when I click on "Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes" or "Microsoft Exchange Public Folders" I am promted for a logon account. I can't get any account to work including Administrator and Backupexec. Both are "Exchange Full Administrator" in Exchange System Manager at the organization level and inherited at the "First Administrative Group". I also noticed "Delegate Control..." notifies me "To fully administer an Exchange server, the delegated user or group must also be a member of the local machine Administrator group". This is a single 2003 server with Exchange and Veritas installed.
6 REPLIES 6

Peter_Ludwig
Level 6
I had similar issues some time ago (with BE version 8 or 7). In my case I have to start the console under this admin account, just changing the 'Resource Credentilas' was not enough.
Give it a try.

greetings
Peter

Mark_Hyatt
Level 2
I've tried Administrator, backupexec and creating admin equivalent users. Still no luck.

Peter_Ludwig
Level 6
> I've tried Administrator, backupexec and creating admin equivalent users.

Yes, but did you try to start the front end with one of these users, not only the 'resource credentials'.

greetings
Peter

Mark_Hyatt
Level 2
Yes. On the 2003 server console I'm logged in as Administrator.

Mark_Hyatt
Level 2
I made some progress. I made backupexec administrator equivalent and logged into the server console as backupexec. The backupexec account has an Exchange mailbox. That worked and allowed me to select the exchange mailboxes for backup. However, I have to enter passwords for about 10 other login accounts for workstations I'm also backing up every time I open Backup Exec. I also don't want the backupexec user to be administrator equivalent. I still have some work to do but at least I have something to go on now. Logging in as Administrator still prompts for a logon when I select the Exchange mailboxes. Administrator has an exchange mailbox and "Hide from Exchange address list" is not checked. Any idea why the Administrator account still needs a logon account when I try to select the Exchange mailboxes for backup? Nothing works including the backupexec user. The backupexec user only works if I login to Backup Exec as backupexec.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please perform the following steps to troubleshoot this issue:

In order to back up and restore individual Exchange mailboxes, Backup Exec requires access to a uniquely named mailbox within the Exchange organization
-- Create a new User with mail box,
-- add to domain admin groups, give exchange full admin rights, Configure the mail client for the new user

-- activat the account
-- Add the account in Backup Exec logon account
-- Log into Backup Exec using that account and then try running a backup job for Exchange mail boxes

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.